Posted on Aug 03, 2021
Implemented a single process for deployment on-cloud and on-premise
- The client’s deployment process was not streamlined and included different processes for deployment on cloud and on-premise.
- The artifacts management was not proper which affected the deployments.
- Jobs maintained in Jenkins were different for different environments.
- Real-time monitoring of the servers was a major challenge.
- Streamlined the deployment process by maintaining a single procedure that would perform deployments on both cloud and on-premise environments.
- Introduced JFrog Artifactory to store the artifacts and make deployments easier by extracting the required version of the artifact.
- Introduced Debian packages so that the end-users can deploy the artifacts without prior knowledge of the toolset used.
- Used Nagios to monitor the servers which would trigger e-mail alerts when the server reaches its configured thresholds.