Posted on Aug 03, 2021
Updated firmware across locations without manual intervention
- The client was facing difficulties in managing firmware updates to their Condor devices spread across global locations.
- They needed to do away with the need for technicians’ physical presence to carry out updates on firmware or to troubleshoot devices.
- The client required remote monitoring and remote management of the devices using Azure IoT.
- The client required integration with Apex, Accutrol and SpringBoard kind of IoT devices used in their in swimming pools, spas, dishwashers, etc.
- Helped the client in setting up a Microsoft Azure IoT hub.
- IoT hub registers every device using the IPV4 address of the device and provides a unique key to each device.
- Built a web interface using MVC core target version 4.5.2 to be used for remote monitoring and upgrading of the device firmware.
- Technologies used: Azure IoT Hub, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Document DB, Azure App Services, Azure Device Explorer and Xunit for testing.